Saturday, January 31, 2009

Farewell To Another January





My card today was inspired by the last card I posted (see "Transferring Thoughts Onto Paper", Jan. 28th). And while making it, I was thinking of January- and Eccleastes 3:1


It's the last day of January. How did that happen so fast?
January can be a tough and rather unpopular month. The after Christmas let down. After Christmas bills. Time to think of resolutions and things we need to do- or must try not to do. There's talk about taxes. And of course there's the oh-so-cold weather. Yep, January can be pretty harsh. But not unlike any other month, the days do pass quickly. Maybe it's just my age. Or the lifestyle in which we live. But time does pass quickly! And, as is written in Ecclesiastes, everything has it's time. God has a plan for all people. Thus, He provides cycles of life, each with it's work for us to do. We may not like January as much as, say May when the sun is shining and the flowers are blooming, but it has it's purpose. We have purpose- in every month! God is so good! His plan is perfect. His timing is perfect. We need to be as thankful for January as we are for May, June or any other month of the year! So, as we put this January to a close, let's not have the attitude of "I'm so glad January is over", but "Thank you God, for January!".

Paper: SU! Bravo Burgundy; PTI white c/s; designer papers from Basic Gray "Perhaps"
Ink: SU! Bravo Burgundy craft
Butterfly: SU! Dreams du Jour stamp set- stamped in Bravo Burgundy craft ink on SU! vellum c/s and embossed with SU! clear EP and colored in with Regal Rose marker
Sentiment: SU! Words Of Wisdom stamp set- stamped in Bravo Burgundy craft ink and embossed with SU! clear EP
Ribbon: SU! Bravo Burgundy 5/8" grosgrain
Flowers and gold leaf: Prima glittered floral embellishments; top white stemmed flower from SU! Pretties kit


5 comments:

Laura said...

Sarah, this is so pretty. I love this verse. Thanks for the reminder. (((HUGS)))

Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah. I love this card. I don't use Bravo Burgundy nearly enough.

Add me to the list of people who don't like January. It's cold, dreary, and boring. I do agree with you though...time goes by very quickly. I can't believe that it's February 1 already. They say time goes faster when you get older so I must be old...hee hee hee.

Unknown said...

Great card Sarah - and yes, ITA - "Thank God for January!" :)

Jean Fitch from jlfstudio said...

Lovely card Sarah and welcome to the blogging world. Thanks too for the reminder to use old sets with the new. A good reminder at the beginning of every new year.

I'm sending your address out to my distribution list for their inspiration.

Hugs and blessings - Jean

Unknown said...

Another beauty Sarah! What a great bow.