Sunday, March 4, 2012

ABC Challenge Time!

Hello and Happy Sunday!
It's an absolutely gorgeous day here with bright sunshine and temps expected to be in the low 80's. Okay- maybe that's more like Summer weather than Spring, but seeing that it is only early March, it sure does make me feel as if Spring is here!

Our challenge for you over at the ABC Toys & Crafts Challenge Blog is to
create a card or project with a Springtime theme.
Here is the card I came up with in I hopes that it will jump start your inspiration:

I started out using a base card of SU! So Saffron card stock onto which I stamped SU!'s Weathered background stamp. Then I took a piece of Crafty Secret's patterned paper from the Pastel paper pack and distressed the edges. Before adhering it to the card base, I wrapped some SU! Certainly Celery satin ribbon and some unknown crocheted lace from my stash around it.

I inked up this beautiful Hero Arts stamp called "Jamaican Forget Me Not" using SU! markers in So saffron, Rose Red and Always Artichoke, and stamped the image onto Confetti Cream card stock which I die cut with a Nestabilities Labels Six die.

I stamped the sentiment from SU!'s Easter Blossoms stamp set in Always Artichoke ink onto a piece of Certainly Celery card stock which was die cut using one of the Nestabilities Scalloped Ovals dies.

Then I just punched out a few little butterflies using the Martha Stewart butterfly punch, and glittered them up a bit with SU! Dazzling Diamonds. I added my favorite little Hero Arts 3mm pink pearls on them and to a couple of the card's corners and the card was done.

I hope I have inspired you to make a Springtime themed card or project of your own!
Remember- the winner will receive a $20.00 store credit and an extra $5.00 for displaying our blinkie for a total of $25.00!!!
Please check out the ABC Toys & Crafts Challenge Blog for all the details.Thanks so much for stopping by today. I hope you can feel Spring coming too, and will share your creation with us!!
Wishing You Blessings,
Sarah

3 comments:

jennfontaine said...

So gorgeous! You have so many little details in this card that work together to make it so pretty! Wonderful job! Love the glittery butterflies and that lace is perfect!!

Jacquel said...

Beautiful card Hun! TFS!!!

Sabrina Jackson said...

Hello there my sweet friend! What a fun and beautiful card!! I love those Spring colors! Hope all is well, have not heard from you in a while ;D Hugs and blessings, Sabrina