Wednesday, April 25, 2012

The Perfect Sentiment: All Occasion Sketch

It's time again for another wonderful challenge from The Perfect Sentiment
This week we have a great sketch for you to follow. The sentiment part will be really fun too, because you may choose whatever occasion you like! But as always, your sentiment must be on the front of the card ;-)

Here is the sketch....


... and here is the card I created using that sketch in hopes of inspiring you:


I had soooo much fun making this card! For the first time ever, I finally decided to do some real stitching on a card! I hand stitched using twine. Not only did I love doing it, but it really made me want to get back to counted cross stitch- something I have not done for years! 
I also had fun going through all my tons and tons of antique and vintage buttons to find some that would work well. I ended up choosing three really cute old plastic ones with rhinestones. I removed the shanks from them so I could just attach them with glue dots. I love how they look!

So now it's your turn to create a card for this week's challenge! Our wonderful sponsor, Pattie's Creations, will be awarding our winner with a prize of one free digi. 


I hope you'll have as much fun with this sketch as I did! But before you get started, please stop by the other design team member's blogs and see all the wonderful cards made by them. Just click on the links below:

and our guest designer Chrissy

I am also entering this card into the Our Daily Bread designs Go Green challenge. I recycled those 3 plastic buttons by cutting the shanks off of them and adhering them to my card.

Thanks so much for stopping by today. Please leave a comment if you care to... I always love hearing from you!
Al always, I wish you blessings,
Sarah

Items used to make this card include:
SU! Pink Pirouette; Kraft/ Crumb Cake; Naturals Ivory; Soft Suede card stock
Patterned papers: Both are from the Glitz 6" paper pack "Pretty In Pink"
Paper piercer
PTI button twine for "thread"
Martha Stewart ribbon
Vintage buttons
Want 2 Scrap light pink pearls
Praying hands finding- from my "stash"
Spellbinder's Nestabilities oval dies
Cheery Lyn Fanciful Flourish die
Cheery Lyn Olive Branch die
Sentiment stamp: from the Our Daily Bread Designs stamp set "Pray"
Ink: SU! Soft Suede




9 comments:

Margaret said...

Fabulous card. I love the sentiment you used and your take on the layout. Just gorgeous.

jennfontaine said...

Beautiful card! So soft and fresh looking. The swirl/leaves are placed perfectly~so lovely! The ribbon really works~in colour and width~so pretty!
Wonderful job on the stitching~way to go! gorgeous buttons! every detail is just great! Love IT!

jan farnworth said...

gorgeous card love it.

krcmasterpiece said...

I'm so impressed with your hand stitching! Very inspiring. I know I'd make a mess.
Love the card-vintage looking. Buttons are my passion!

Unknown said...

wow this is quite wonderful, the stitching is amazing... and the entire card is full of beauty

Jennipher said...

Love, love, love the hand stitching! Adds so much to the card. Great job. It's funny that we both decided to use ODBD for this challenge.

Parables of a Crafter said...

How beautiful is this!!! The colors you selected blend so nicely with this layout. And your stitching....you rocked it with this!!! I always smile when I see your creations!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a beautiful card Sarah!! Love your verse and the recycled buttons!! Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week!

chrissy xx said...

Just Gorgeous! Fabulous colours and I LOve your stitching...
Chrissyxx