Wednesday, June 29, 2011

What's In The Box? and Back In The Saddle!


In my last post, I promised to show you a card. And I do have one for you. But first, I'd like to share with you one of the craziest packing jobs I have ever encountered!


I had ordered some things off Amazon, which I love. I have found all sorts of things there. Including these great little anti tarnishing strips for silver. I don't know what it is, but ever since moving to California, my silver tarnishes so much faster than it did back East. So, in an effort to to try to prevent it from being quite so bad, I decided to try these strips. They come in a very small, thin little pack as you can see in the photos below.





So why in the world, when we are all supposed to be environment conscience and "echo- friendly" would a company ship that little package in this packaging?!



Can you believe that?! Heck, when the package came addressed to me I was totally perplexed as to what could possibly be inside. I had not remembered ordering anything that I would have thought could be in that tall box! You can imagine my surprise when I opened it and found the little package of strips! I still can't get over it. I have to ask you: have you ever had a company package anything so ridiculously? And, why do you think they would do that? Is there any way this makes sense?


Okay well, I just wanted to share that with you as my strange situation for the day ;-)


So... as promised, my card.

Now- a word of warning. I am not all that happy with it. Having said that, I am happy about it.

Let me explain:

For those of you who may not know, I am an avid card maker/ stamper. I am, well, for lack of a better way to say it- addicted to stamping. I love it! It's my passion, my therapy, all those things stampers say about stamping... it's my hobby and then some!

But for the past several months I have not been stamping due to having a great deal of pain in both of my hands and one of my elbows due to nerve damage and arthritis. I have been going through months of physical/ occupational therapy and finally I am starting to get back to stamping again. At least I am giving it a shot!




So, as I said- I am not really happy with this card. It is pretty obvious that I have been "out of the loop" for some time. But- there were many days I was in fear that I might never be able to stamp at all again! So, considering that, I am super grateful that I am able to get back to it at all! Therefore, as I am sharing this card with you I just ask that before you comment, please keep in mind that this was a rather difficult card for me to make. I am not big on making excuses for myself; I just want you to know my reasoning behind how I feel about it and ask that you be "gentle" in your critiquing of it. I appreciate your comments as always, but am hoping you'll bear with me and my situation. I am hopeful that before long, I will be stamping with ease. Or at least less and less difficulty as time goes on! :-)


Here you can see a bit better the texture created by the Sizzix plate. It's subtle, but certainly adds well to the feel of the card. And the print of the designer paper is so soft and pretty. I love these blues with the faint yellows together.

Little things like using dimensional adhesive dots easily gives a little pop to a card. And one single pearl for the bird's eye can really add interest. And finally, I used my "Bow Easy". And yes, it actually did make my bow easy ;-)


Thanks so much for stopping by. As always, I'd love to hear from you!


Next time I hope- no- I plan to have another card for you, showing much progress. Now how's that for positive thinking? ;-)


Items I used to make this card:

Stampin' Up! Designer paper: Bella Birds

Stampin' Up! card stock: BrocadeBlue; Bordering Blue; Ballet Blue; Very Vanilla; Always Artichoke; Old Olive; Chocolate Chip; Basic Black

Stampin' Up! Daffodil Delight satin ribbon, 5/8" width

Stampin' Up! punch: Word Window, large

Sizzix Bigz die: Bird With Leaves & Flower

Sizzix Elegant Designs embossing plate

Spellbinder's Shapeabilities Pendants die: Fair Isle

Bow Easy

Small adhesive pearl

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah...I agree that box is a bit to much. Maybe they didn't have an envelope.? I don't know..haha!

Your card is beautiful, I am happy that your hands are becoming stronger.

Have a great day hun! hugs

Jacquel said...

Wow! I've never seen something so small come in such a BIG package...maybe it's to make up for the shipping cost?!!

Love your card btw! The colors & layout are just beautiful...very nice work Sarah & TFS!!!

Susan Joyce said...

Hi Sarah,
Sorry to hear you have had a bad time of late, hope things are looking bright for the future. Love that you have given your bird an eye, so many don't, and well done for having a go and being positive. That packaging was totally over the top, I find SU are a bit like that some times too.

Jennipher said...

Sarah, so glad to see you creating again. I think the card is fabulous. It's a different style for you being such a big stamper but, it's great. I love the die-cuts and embossing. Way to go!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah, just stoppin' by to say hi and see how you're doing.

Take care hun. Hugs.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah, stoppin' by to say hi and see how you're doing! :o) I hope you're doing well. hugs

Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah, stoppin' by to say hi, I hope you're doing well. Hugs

Margaret said...

Hi Sarah, That is so strange about the box. Glad that they got it to you anyway. Sorry about your hand pain. You are very strong that you are getting back to your creativity and your card is wonderful!