Thursday, April 26, 2012

Feliz Cumpleanos, Maria!

 It's time again to share another card I made for ABC Toys & Crafts! This week I have used a super cute Stampavie image. I chose a birthday cake with candles from The Rachelle Anne Miller set called "Cakes Are Yummy".  

 I love these papers, too. And the colors coordinate perfectly with the Prima flowers. And check out how great the metal flower brad (which I found I had in my stash) looks in the flower center! 


 I  watercolored the image using Prisma watercolor pencils, and added some Stickles on the candle flames and the blue dots. 

 And check out how great the metal flower brad (which I found I had in my stash) looks in the flower center! I just love these colors!

And finally I added a "Happy Birthday" wish in Spanish, as this card will be given to a super sweet lady who has waited on me for years at one of my favorite stores. It's was her birthday a couple of days ago and I will be going there this morning. Hopefully she won't mind it being a tad late ;-)

Thanks so much for stopping by today. I hope you will leave me a comment or just say "hi", as I always love hearing from you! 
As always, I wish you blessings~
Sarah

Items used to make this card include:
Stamps: Stampavie Cakes Are Yummy; Stampin' Up! Dias Felices
Card Stock: SU! Early Espresso; Groovy Guava
Water color paper
Designer Paper: Authentique 6x6 paper pad "Gathering"
Spellbinders dies: Circles; Labels Nine; Ribbons Banners
Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder
Ink: StazOn Timber Brown; Tim Holtz Vintage Paper distressing ink; Stampin' Up! Bashful Blue
Prisma water color pencils
Stickles- Baby Blue and Platinum 



3 comments:

Tere Azua said...

What a nice gesture!!!
I'm sure she will LOVE the card, because it is gorgeous!!!!!

jennfontaine said...

What a fun looking cake~super cute and the stickles are a great touch! You really have the most amazing patterned papers, so beautiful! Great label die with the sentiment!
The flower layers are perfect! Such a pretty card!

Jacquel said...

Gorgeous card!