Thursday, April 5, 2012

Sew Special Revisited!

Wow- it's Thursday already! This week has just been flying by for me- how about you? The days are passing so quickly and with so much going on (we all live such busy lives, don't we?) it's sometimes difficult to get in as much crafting time as we'd like.

So the card I have for you today is kind of a quick one. Well, it was for me because it's sort of a "left-over-put-together" (did I create a new term, lol?) from a card I shared with you a couple of weeks ago.


When making my other card (HERE), I tried a few different patterns for my paper-pieced bustier, and I just couldn't toss out this extra pretty blue one. It was made using the Crafty Secrets Sew Special stamp set which is a real favorite of mine- so fun to work with! Anyway, I looked in my stash of die cuts and I found this awesome one I had made in a color that didn't work right for my project at the time. It was cut from one of the Spellbinders Fancy Tags Two die cuts-which are just gorgeous! I put some matching Want 2 Scrap pearls around it and paired the two of them with some gorgeous paper from the Authentique 6x6 "Journey" paper pack (actually the same pack as the paper used for the bustier). I layered it onto a SU! Pacific Point card stock base and that was pretty much all it took to put this pretty little card together!
I purposely did not put any sentiment on it so I could have it on hand for different possible occasions that might arise: a birthday, a thinking of you, even a fun bridal shower.

So even when your days are busy, chances are you can toss together a hand made card like the one I did today. It doesn't always take a huge, time consuming project to make a nice card for someone special!

And don't forget to join in on the fun of our ABC Toys & Crafts DT "Anything Goes" Challenge going on now!

I am also entering this card into the following Challenge:

Thanks for stopping by today. I hope I have inspired you to do some crafting yourself- no matter how busy your days get ;-)

Wishing you many blessings during this Holy Week. I hope you and your loved ones have a very happy Easter!

~Sarah


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sarah this is gorgeous , great stamping on the bodice but I love the way you have glammed up that die with the pearls, wow great idea.
Fab work hugs Elaine

jennfontaine said...

Sooo gorgeous! I love that bustier- so pretty and lovely in blue! The pearl border is stunning- amazing! I'm loving the blues and the pretty background paper!