Monday, May 24, 2010

A Couple Of Simple Cards


Can you believe this? I made a couple of cards and did NOT use a stitch of ribbon or a single flower! Amazing, huh? ;-)I do like making simple cards once in a while. I usually tend to think "the more the merrier", but sometimes I realize there are times when "less is best" is actually true.
I did two versions of the same card: One a standard 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" card, and the other a 6 5/8" x 3 1/4" card.
I used SU!'s Old Olive, Pretty In Pink and Soft Suede and some misc. designer paper I had lying around (not sure what company). The butterfly was made using a Sizzix Bigz die and the SU! French Flair background stamp. I used a couple of punches and added a few flat back pearls. Simple as that!

Thanks so much for stopping by; I'd love to hear from you!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Very pretty Sarah, I love the simplicity of them and those little pearls are adorable!

Robyn said...

I love the French flair, background stamp! It is somehow freeing and comfy!

Belinda said...

I really like the simplicity of your cards. They're so elegant!

Chris said...

Love the stamping you did on the butterfly! So pretty!

Anonymous said...

These are gorgeous. I have that same patterned paper and I love it.