Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Our Lord's Encouragement

I made this card for a challenge I did over on ChristianPaperCrafts (BVT 57). Angie Crockett does the Bible Verse Thursday challenge, and a couple of weeks ago her challenge was to use any verse for encouragement.



I love this verse, and I thought it was perfect for the challenge.


I actually had this copper colored metal praying hands embellishment for a long time. Someone sent it to me literally years ago, and it was just waiting for the right time to be used. I think this was it!



I tried embossing in blue, but in the end silver embossing gave it exactly the look I was after. The rhinestone swirl is something I recently bought and I love it here!


And although these Prima flowers came in a Christmas collection, I think these work very well. I love the glitter on them. I added a topaz colored rhinestone.

Thanks for stopping by and taking a look at my card. I'd love to hear what you think of it!

Items used on this card:
Stamps: OBDB Scripture Collection II
Paper: Designer papers by Sandylion; SU! Very Vanilla
Ink: Versamark; SU! Bordering Blue
Accessories? Embellishments: SU! Silver embossing powder; Rhinestone flourish by ZVA Creative; Prima floral embellishments;lace ribbon; copper praying hands embellishment
Tools and Techniques: SU! Heat Tool; embossing, tearing and sponging

5 comments:

Sabrina Jackson said...

Sarah, what an awesome card and so very encouraging!!! I love those praying hands and they are not easy to find, well, I have not found them...yet! I love that lace you've added and the softness of the entire card. Hugs and blessigns, Sabrina

Jaspere said...

This is wonderful. Love all the details you added.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous Sarah. Love the bits of bling and the lovely primas. Great job.

Laura said...

Gorgeous, elegant, uplifting. The details are just perfect!

Rebecca said...

"what Laura said"! Gorgeous, elegant, uplifting!

This is beautiful! I love the lace on the side :-) perfect!