Tuesday, July 20, 2010

CASEing Myself Again


Last month, I shared with you a card I made for my daughter's friend Cara's bridal shower. I was quite happy with how that card turned out, so I decided to make another with a few variations. Really just simple color and sentiment differences. One thing I love about card making is how easy it is to make different cards once you have a basic design done.


See- it's all very much the same. But by simply changing some colors or small details, you can make cards for any occasion out of your design. From wedding to birthday... or anything else you want.


I just love these gold glittered brads. I've had them for a while just waiting to use them. This was the perfect opportunity!

On Cara's card, I used silver. Here, gold accents. But I thought embossing the sentiment in black made it stand out even better.


Just a little fraying of the designer paper edges gives an interesting contrast with the elegance of the fleur de lis die and glitter.

So there you have it- a super easy case of CASE-ing myself again!
Thanks for stopping by- as always I LOVE hearing from you! :-)

Items used to make this card:
Stamps: SU! Flowers of Gratitude; PTI Out On A Limb Sentiments
Paper: Watercolor paper; Basic Grey Perhaps paper stack; SU! Going Gray and River Rock
Ink: Versamark; Jet Black Ranger Archival Ink; SU! Pretty In Pink for sponging
Accessories: SU! Watercolor Wonder crayons; some SU! markers; SU! black embossing powder; gold glittered brads; gold Stickles; EK Success small scalloped oval punch; Spellbinders Fleur de lis die; distressing tool; Tattered Angels gold glimmer mist (lightly sprayed on water colored image)



1 comment:

Unknown said...

This one is beautiful too! I love the fraying of the edges and the glittered buttons, so pretty!