Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Scrap Your Crap Challenge: Chipboard!

It's that time again.... for another fun challenge over at Scrap Your Crap. This month the challenge is to use chipboard in your project.  I had SO much fun with this! Here is the card I made:



I just love how it came out. It was perfect for the occasion: my daughter's best friend's 18th birthday. As a matter of fact, just this afternoon we went over to her house and gave it to her. She is such a sweet girl and my daughter thinks the world of her. It made me so happy that she loved the card and thought it was perfect to give to her BFF :-)

I have to say, I really, really enjoyed making this! The Tim Holtz dress form die is awesome! After cutting it out, I painted the dress form with Jenny Bowlin pink dabber paint and let it dry thoroughly. Then I die cut another dress form out of a piece of patterned paper from the Crafty Secret's Heartwarming Vintage Pastel papers. (These have seriously been my favorite papers for months now.) I also used paper from that collection for the main card layer, as well.

Then I made the skirt. I had some awesome lacy vintage trim in my stash (I think I bought it from Etsy) and wrapped a piece around and glue-dotted in in the back. Then I added some A*Muse flowered trim for the waistband. The necklace is made from an iridescent pearl strand I had in my stash. I just cut a small piece off and wrapped it around and used some adhesive under some of the beads.

The beautiful lace butterfly is from Martha Stewart, and the little "celebrate" sticker embellishment is from K&Company/ Brenda Walton which I have had in my stash for years. I love using stuff I have had for so long! I guess that's why I love Scrap Your Crap so much... I am finally using some of this stuff (or shall I say "crap") up AND having a blast doing it ;-)

I hope you will check out the challenge over at SYC and play along. There are lots of great examples from the other DT members over there too, so go take a look. I am sure you'll be wanting to use up some of your chipboard, too ;-)

Thanks so much for stopping by today. Please leave me a comment and make my day :-) I always love hearing from my readers!

As always, I wish you many blessings~
Sarah
Items used to make this card include:
Stampin' Up! Pretty In Pink and Going Grey card stock
Patterned papers from Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage Collection "Pastels"
Medium Weight chip board
Tim Holtz Alterations "Sewing Room" die
Ranger dabber paint by Jenny Bowlin, pink
Grand Adhesions Beyond Postmarks sticker by Brenda Walton/ K& Company
Martha Stewart lace butterfly
A*Must white floral trim
Pleated vintage lace trim from my stash
Irridescent pearl strand from my stash
Stampin' Up! glue dots and sticky strip
Zutter Distrezz-It-All electric distressing tool 

1 comment:

jennfontaine said...

Such a beautiful Card! I love the skirt~so flowy and perfect! The belt and necklace are so pretty!

The butterfly is just so lovely! You have wonderful things are know how to use them! I also love the distressed patterned paper!

Love this beautiful card!