Saturday, January 10, 2009

Dedicated To Tracey

This beauty was hiding around the corner of the front of my house.
Front yard Greenery
Side yard. In the Spring it is so much more colorful here.
This was taken from my upstairs balcony. This is bare, "brown" Winter.


Sorry. I just can't help it. I have hated Winter all my life. Cold, dreary, snowy, icy, windy, cold (oh yeah- I already said cold!) Winter. Not for me! I spent 40 Winters in New England. I was miserable. I have paid my dues.

Now, I am living in Southern California and lovin' it! Today is beautifully sunny, the sky is blue as blue can be without a cloud in sight. And at 4:30 pm it is 75 degrees. We are supposed to have bright sunshine and highs in the low 80's for the next several days. Honestly, I try not to talk it up too much to my friends who are stuck in the climate I so hated. But today my friend Tracey in New York shared a picture taken outside her window. Brrrrrrr! So, maybe if I share what is just outside my window, you will get an idea of why I am so happy here and have no desire to move back East. I just can not imagine living in that kind of weather again. To those of you who love the snow and cold, God Bless You! But I just thank my lucky stars that's a thing of my past!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

And this is supposed to make me feel better during a snow storm why? Pretty flower though.

Unknown said...

Awwww...thanks Sarah! That Rose is beautiful!! It is a kind of rose, right?? whatever it is is gorgeous...that last picture, the one off your balcony REALLY had me wanting to come visit you. It's funny - I can't really envision living anywhere else, and though I don't mind the snow, if I could, I wouldn't hesitate to go visit someplace warm about now :) Great pictures - thanks for sharing!!

~*Joni said...

Oh how beautiful Sarah! I love these pictures, it makes me miss Hawaii. sigh. For now I am enjoying a state with 4 seasons and visiting your blog. :D I love this way of connecting, so much nicer than our once a year emails. teehee!

Susan Joyce said...

Hi Sarah,

Your house and garden look very nice. Wish we were only having 60 degree days we are more like 100 degrees for the last couple of weeks and it will probably continue for the next couple of months. Our garden is really struggling with water restrictions and very little rain in the winter.

Hugs
Sue from Western Australia.

Melanie said...

I hate winter and would love to live somewhere where the "brown" winter isn't so brown! 75 degrees? I am sooooo jealous!

Laura said...

That's it. I've put on my walking shoes and I'm coming back! Tell C to clear a space on her floor for my sleeping bag. I'm sure she and I can just chatter all night. Winter Haters Unite!

Very pretty, Sarah. It actually does make me feel better to know the whole world isn't under a freezing cold sheet of snow. (((HUGS)))

Betty: Reflections with Coffee said...

Loved seeing the scenes around your home. You're so blessed to be able to move away from New England winters!