Wednesday, September 8, 2010

A Few Oldies While My Studio Undergoes Some Changes

I am sorry to say I have decided I must reach into my "old stash" to share some cards with you today.
I am on "studio renovation overload"!

It's not that I am doing a major overhaul or anything big, but it's still a bit mind boggling and a little physically draining as well.

It also has not given me much time for creating.

I will be posting about it before long, but basically I have done some furniture changing and am doing a lot of weeding out! It's difficult, but I am selling and giving away tons of stuff. It has become just too jam packed in here!

I also need some better lighting. I had my wonderful contractor put in some under cabinet lights which are great for when I am working, but I really need some more general over-all lighting in here. There is no wired lighting in this room- only lamps. I decided a ceiling fan would be nice in here as well, and I think that will be nicer then canned lights or something like that. I am really excited about it. Plus, the other things I am doing are making my whole studio take on a new look and feel. I'll share it all with you when it is done.

Okay, so on to my cards.

I have 3 cards that I did together. While in one of my Victorian/ Vintage/ Nostalgic moods, I came up with them. It was actually my first try at this "style"- done a couple of years ago. I really had fun with them and liked how they came out. Since then, I have just drifted more and more towards the "vintage look" and really come to find the "style" of card making that I enjoy best. And although I'd like to think I have progressed and gotten better since I made these, I still keep them on a shelf in my room, as I not only like how they turned out, but it's fun to look back at them to remind me where I started.

It's funny, looking at them now, I can see a lot of little changes or additions I would make if I were doing them today. But I have to remember these were my first of this type of card, so I will cut myself a little slack, lol. Hope you like them anyway!



I love all the texture in these cards. And the embossed bird on the vellum card stock looks so much better in real life!



This card is quite similar, but I like the metal findings on here. I also think the rhinestones in the flower centers was a good addition.




And I just love this stamp! Isn't she great? Again, I embossed the image on vellum.


I think this was the first time I put lots of little details on my cards. Now, if you ask me, it "all about details"! And texture. I just love texture. And a little dimension is always a good thing. Yep- this was indeed a stamping project that got me going in the direction I really love most.
I think if I stamped nothing but vintage/ victorian/ antique/ heritage inspired cards for the next 30 years (God willing I am still stamping then!) I would be happy with that :-)


Thanks so much for stopping by today. I have lots more I want to share with you in the next few days, but as "back to school" for my kids quickly approaches, I am busy with last minute preparations for that. Hopefully I'll get a couple of posts in over the next few days anyway.
Hope you are having a great week!

3 comments:

Pam W. said...

These cards are lovely. So vintage in style and color.

Good luck with the "over haul". Can't wait to see what you've do.

Laura said...

So chic. I love the vintage feel of these cards!

I can't wait to see and hear more about your overhaul.

krista said...

they may be old but they are still beautiful