Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Treats- Just In Time

Here you have the latest example of my procrastinating lifestyle: Starting to think about- and having to make- Valentine's treats the night before Valentine's Day! Well, it's not that I intentionally procrastinated, but I did keep telling myself that with all else that I have had going on lately, I could put this off just one more day. And, one day turned in to two, two turned into three and so on and so forth. Before I knew it it was panic time!

So, I ended up doing the fasted and easiest thing I could: I made lots of little candy bag toppers!

I have to say, I was pretty proud of myself. In doing these I actually stuck to one of my (too many) New Years' Resolutions: To start using up my old retired papers and embellishments! Well, at least the papers anyway ;-) I didn't get too fancy with the design of these because of my time crunch, but I think they turned out pretty cute in spite of it all. I had hoped to fill them with Valentine themed chocolates, but due to my procrastination, all that was left at Target were the plain ones. But, they were fine anyway.

I think these were my favorites: very soft and pretty.

And these worked well for the men- with a little brown and blue- not too overly feminine.

The same for these: pretty, but not too "girly".

I got a big bunch of them made: enough to take up to the Children's Hospital to hand out to the many people we see so often whom I wanted to give a "little something" to: The parking attendants, the receptionist at the clinic, the receptionists at the front lobby, the receptionists at rehab, the guard, the shuttle bus drivers, the therapists, etc. etc. There are so many people we have come to know and it is nice to be able to just hand them something to let them know they are appreciated. The staff there is amazing- and so dedicated and kind. It's a very small gesture, but hopefully it makes them feel special.

I also made enough for my kids to take to school. I don't think they are ever too old to show a little appreciation to a teacher or staff member.

And I saved one for my favorite sales lady. Her name is Cyndy and she works at my favorite jewelry store in town. She is so helpful and never pressures me. She always steers me in the right direction and has even kept me from some pretty serious impulse buying. She's one of those people who you click with as soon as you meet. I knew in an instant she'd become more of a "friend" than a "salesperson". I love going in and just poking around the store because she makes it so fun!

I guess I could have thought of many, many more people to give a little Valentine treat to, but I just wasn't able to fit in the time to make any more than these. But I am hoping that when the next holiday rolls around, I can for once get my act together in time to make more little thank you's. I always find it's so fun to do- even more fun then I think it is going to be :-)

I hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day- filled with both giving and receiving much love!

Thanks for visiting!

6 comments:

Stephanie Lizmore. said...

It's nice to see a post from you again! :) Those goody bags are too cute! I made some Valentines Day goody bags as well! For my school bake sale. :) They turned out very good! Hope you had a great Valentines Day! :)

Pam W. said...

These turned out great! I love the papers that you used and I'm sure that they were loved by all that received them.

Unknown said...

So nice to see you posting. I was thinking about you and hoping you were doing ok.
Very pretty Valentines! You're so creative at the last minute.

Laura said...

These are completely adorable, Sarah! Wow! You work well under pressure apparently!

Unknown said...

I was just stopping by again to say hi! I hope you are doing well.

Hugs

Unknown said...

Stopping by to say hi and see how you're doing. I hope all is well. Hugs