Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas Eve

Yes, today is the day after Christmas. But how can I not share with you the beautiful Christmas Eve experience I had at our church two nights ago?
I am sorry that amidst all the hustle and bustle of the season, that I did not have a chance to post these photographs the other night, but here they are now.
I wish all of you could have been with me attending such an incredible service. The church looked so lovely, all decorated for Christmas.

This is a shot looking at The Crystal Cathedral, with the fabulous spire in front, and the "Tower Of Hope" building with the big cross on it behind.

A closer view of the spire.

This was taken right from my seat inside the cathedral. The poinsettia tree next to the beautiful big cross and all the other poinsettia plants were absolutely gorgeous!

When our friends joined us, I moved down a bit. We were in the 3rd row pretty much right in front of the pulpit.

And here you can see the fabulous organ. Oh, how I wish you could have heard the music that night!

This is a picture of one of the side balconies. Don't you love how they hang the wreaths?

The choir. They are wonderful!

And the orchestra. Fabulous!

The children's choir did a marvelous job (as always!).

Here is our founding pastor's daughter, Sheila. She did a great job reading the story of the birth of Jesus.

Dr. Robert H. Schuller

His message was fantastic! Both my husband and I felt as if Dr. Schuller's message of a new beginning was meant just for us, and it was exactly what we needed to hear that night. We were very moved by it, and have been reflecting on it ever since. Such a blessing.

Daniel Rodriguez (a.k.a. "The Singing Cop"). Have you ever heard him perform live? He comes to our church often, and every time blows everyone away! He is absolutely amazing! He sang Oh Holy Night. Incredible!



This is a shot taken after the service as we headed down to the Memorial Gardens cemetery to visit my brother.

I thought it was going to be harder to go down there, exactly one year to the day he passed. But the overwhelming feeling I had was that he was at peace. Along with the fact that I know without a doubt that we did the absolute right thing having him laid to rest at such a beautiful spot. It's perfect, and he would have been blown away. He loved Southern California and he loved the ocean, which not only isn't far from here, but he is actually facing it. He also loved palm trees, and there are many here.

Another shot from the Memorial Gardens. How beautiful is this? It is not dark, dreary or cold, as most other cemeteries I have been to can feel. You can hear the church bells and carillon from here. And the birds singing. It is peaceful, yet "alive" and filled with hope, as you look at the fabulous cathedral, the cross on the tower, feel the breeze lightly blowing and look at the beautiful blue sky.

What a fabulous place. And a beautiful Christmas Eve. We are so very blessed.

Thank you Lord, for loving us enough to send us Your Son. For giving us hope, and life everlasting!

4 comments:

Carol Anne's Boutique said...

Hi Sarah,
Thank you for sharing these photographs of your beautiful church. It must have been such a moving & memorable service.
I am so very sorry to read about the loss of your dear brother and I will keep you in my prayers dear Sarah. Many Blessings & Much Love to you in the New Year and may you find peace in your heart. I truly believe that your brother is close to you and he is giving you all of his love.
Hugs,
Carol Anne

Unknown said...

Hi Sarah, how are you? I have seen this church on tv many times! Your decorations are beautiful! I hope you are doing well. Hugs!

Pam W. said...

The church is lovely and it sounds as though the sermon was perfect. Thanks for sharing the beauty with us.

shailajaa said...


evespecial Professional’s makeup advice for beginners and regular makeup lover. Pick your makeup need for your eyes, hair, face, neck, etc. for more informationthat suits your need for the occasion. Experts makeup advice for girls and women, for both daily needs and for events or occasions.click here