Friday, December 31, 2010

CHOC and Disney Celebrate It’s a Small World

Okay it's almost the New Year, so I guess I had better hurry up and get a few more Christmas-y things up here before they are considered "old". There is just so much great stuff to share this time of year!

Among the things that touched my heart the most this holiday season, are some of the wonderful ways CHOC Hospital (and many wonderful people and business who help them) brought cheer to so many people!

As many of you know, my son has been a patient at CHOC for the last year and a half, but thankfully the treatments he receives are through out-patient services. We are so blessed by such a wonderful team of doctors and therapists and many staff members. I am so impressed by the care and treatment both the patients and their families are given.
We are there at the hospital at least once a week, and often get to see bits and pieces of some of the wonderful reasons why CHOC is so special.
Above is the tree in the front lobby.

And check these out! All of these Disney gingerbread houses were made by patients! All made out of real gingerbread and other edible ingredients. I couldn't stay looking too long, as the smell was just too good, lol!

We had a hard time deciding which house was our favorite!

I love all the Mickey shaped cookies with the kids' names on them, and the beautiful cards they made (yes, of course I really loved the cards!!!) :-)

Isn't the chimney and Goofy's hat on this one adorable? All of the houses were just awesome!

I am a huge CHOC fan, not only for the amazing care and treatment given at this wonderful hospital, but for all the fabulous ways they help children and their families, and all the joy they bring to the lives of sick and hurting kids. The extent to which they- along with so many generous sponsors- go to bring smiles on kids' faces continually amazes me!

I hope you'll take a few minutes to watch this video of the "Small World" Christmas celebration at Disneyland. I am sure you will agree with me, it's wonderful!

CHOC and Disney Celebrate It’s a Small World

How great was that?!

Oh, and I don't want to forget to tell you about another very special treat: the Orange County Fire Department sent Santa up in a hook and ladder truck to visit the kids through the windows of the hospital!
He also went inside to visit many children, as well. But can you imagine the joy that these visits brought to those kids? Seriously, being sick and in the hospital is never fun. But when it's during the holidays it's even harder. How great that these visits are made possible.

Thanks for stopping by today. However you celebrate tonight, I hope you have a safe, happy start to the new year!
Let's make 2011 a great year! :-)

1 comment:

Stephanie Lizmore. said...

The Goofy gingerbread house has to be my favourite! The chimney is so awesome! :D