Saturday, April 10, 2010

My Idea Of Comfort Food




In the past I have shown you some really fun stuff from "my" bakery... the place I go to for awesome bread, cakes, pastry, etc. They are really creative and make wonderfully fun things for the holidays. I so often tell my friends about it, so I figure it is about time I took some pics to show you all more about it.


When you walk in the door you are greeted by the heavenly smell of freshly baked goods. Mmmmm... and there is so much to choose from! Of course I have my favorites, but there's still so much more I need to try ;-) My daughter Katie got her wedding cake there and they did an wonderful job on it. We never go anywhere else to buy birthday cakes. So, when my sweet friend Becky came over with her darling little boy for a visit last week, since her birthday was only a few days away of course I had to order a birthday cake! You can see Marina writing on it in this picture:



Here is a shot of three of the nicest girls you'd ever meet! They are always so friendly and cheerful- and so very helpful! They always make me feel good and brighten my day when I go in there. Marina is on the left, then Anastasia in the middle, and my sweet friend Maria on the right. I have known Maria the longest- ever since I started going there several years ago. But they are all just wonderful!



And here is Becky's birthday cake. Boy was it delicious. It may sound a little boring, but it's actually my favorite: white cake with vanilla buttercreme icing and vanilla buttercreme filling. There are so many different flavors to choose from, but I personally love this combination. And I have never heard anyone complain about it- even my youngest daughter who is all about chocolate ;-)



So there you have it... "my" bakery. I love this place and the awesome people who work there. I was in there just this morning picking up my own birthday cake for tomorrow. And naturally, I couldn't leave without a few other goodies, as well ;-)

2 comments:

~*Joni said...

Ooooh my sweetness! I have not seen a better posting all day than this one. ;) Sarah this is amazing - what a great and happy place to visit. I would be there every day, and it would show! There is something so warm and inviting about your bakery, thank you so much for sharing all the yummy pics and your dear friends. Happy Bday my friend!!!

sharonw05 said...

It was fun "visiting" the bakery that we have heard so much about! What a great place!