Friday, April 23, 2010

Pocket Card

I remember when this set came out. It was one of those sets I was trying to resist (since I always have a huge SU! wish list going!). But there were so many great examples of it in the SplitCoastStampers gallery, that I caved in and bought it.
I think the sentiment is so sweet. And just about that time, I was in a stamper's group and we were doing swaps. The requirement was to make a "Pocket Card". Well, I had never made one before. So this, as it turns out, is the very first pocket card I ever made.
I recall that all the details I did on it ended up taking a lot more time to complete than I anticipated, and yet it doesn't really appear that way, lol! Oh, well! But I really was happy with the outcome. It's still one of my favorite cards I have made, actually. I LOVE all the "wood" background stamping!
I also love the pretty, soft colors and the DSP. And boy do I miss all the organdy ribbon Stampin' Up! used to carry! :-(
Anyway, I just thought I'd share with you an "old favorite"I pulled out from my stash. I love pocket cards; they are perfect for a quick little note. I also love decorated envies, so I really like the pocket idea. Hmmm... maybe I'll make some more of these, since I haven't done them in so long.
Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Pam W. said...

So pretty. Great job with your first pocket card and I hope that you have made more. I love the "details" that you added to the card. LOVE!

Melanie said...

Very pretty. I love pocket cards but I don't make them very often. Oh, and I agree with you, I miss the organdy ribbon. I still have a few rolls that I'm hoarding...hee hee hee.

Jacqueline (Scraps of Life) said...

This pocket card is gorgeous! I love the wood stamping on there, it looks so real! Fabulous!